The recording consent disclaimer prompts participants in meetings or webinars to provide their consent to be recorded. Participants receive a notification when a recording starts or when they join a session that is already being recorded. The participant can either consent to stay in the session or leave. After the session, the host can generate a report listing the attendees who provided consent.
The recording consent disclaimer is only customizable for Enterprise, API, Education, or Business accounts with 100+ licenses.
Some recording notification settings can be modified based on account type. Learn more about modifying recording notifications settings.
This article covers:
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 4.4.52570.0415 or higher
- macOS: 4.4.52551.0414 or higher
- Linux: 2.8.182678.0412 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 4.4.52504.0411 or higher
- iOS: 4.4.52481.0411 or higher
- Enterprise, API, Education, or Business account with 100+ licenses
Customizing the recording disclaimer
Account owners and admins can customize the recording disclaimer at the account and group levels. The recording disclaimer cannot be customized at the user level, only enabled or disabled, if not locked by an admin at the account or group level.
Note: If you have an Enterprise, API, Education, or Business account with 100+ licenses, you can disable the recording consent disclaimer for internal users. Learn more about modifying recording notification settings.
- Navigate to the Account Settings or Group Settings page.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Scroll down to Recording notifications - Zoom clients.
- Below the Show a disclaimer to participants when a recording starts option, click Customize Disclaimer.
- Choose the language of the disclaimer you want to change.
- Adjust the title, description, and add a link, if desired.
- Click Save.
Admins can also enable and customize a disclaimer for the host when starting a recording. Repeat the above steps for the Ask host to confirm before starting a recording.
Reporting on attendee consent
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Reports.
- Click the Usage or Active Host report. This will vary based on your account access.
- Once you input criteria to generate a meeting list, click the number in the participants column to generate a detailed report. You will see a section for recording consent in the window that is displayed.