Mobile Device Management, MDM, is software that allows IT admins to control, secure and enforce policies on smartphones, tablets, and other devices. MDM is intended to optimize functionality and security of mobile devices, while at the same time protecting the network.
System administrators can use Zoom's Mobile Device Management (ZDM) to remotely configure the Zoom Rooms app on managed iOS devices. Once setup is complete, you can perform the following actions with ZDM for Zoom Rooms:
This article covers:
- Zoom Room license
- Account owner, admin or Zoom Rooms role
- iOS Zoom Room controller(s)
- Apple ID
ZDM web setup
Zoom requires an Apple MDM Push certificate to manage Apple devices. To begin, you will need to download the Apple MDM certificate then upload and authenticate it to ZDM.
- Navigate to the Device Management tab in the Zoom Portal.
- Click iPad, then Get Started.
- Click Upload Certificate.
- Click the Download link and save the .scsr file locally.
- Sign in to Apple Push Certificates with your Apple ID.
- Click Create a Certificate.
- Upload the .scsr you downloaded in Step 4.
- Click Download for the MDM Push Certificate from Apple.
- Go back to Zoom and Upload the MDM Push Certificate you downloaded in Step 7.
- Select either General Enrollment or Device Enrollment Program(DEP) and follow the directions below for your selection:
- Set your device into "Supervised Mode".
- Scan QR Code or Enter Access Code.
- Follow the instructions on your iPad to complete the enrollment process.
Note: iPads on iOS 12.2+ will need to have the Profile installed from the iPad by navigating to Settings, then General, then Profiles & Device Management, and then by clicking Install.
Apple Business Manager
- Download the public key from the Zoom portal and upload it to Apple Business Manager (ABM) to start creating an MDM server.
- Open ABM and navigate to Settings, click Device Management Settings, then click Add MDM Server.
- Download the server token from ABM and upload it to the Zoom portal.
- Open ABM and click Device Assignments, then click Choose Device, then click Assign to Server. Choose your MDM server.
- Refresh the Zoom Portal and reset your iPad by erasing all content and settings to complete the enrollment
After enrolling your device and completing the setup wizard the Zoom Room app will be automatically installed on your controller and you are ready to utilize the new features ZDM offers:
- Remotely upgrade Zoom Rooms app
- Enable Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM)
- Enable Auto Sign in
- How to Rename a Zoom Room with MDM