System administrators can use Zoom's mobile device management (ZDM) tool to set their iPads into Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM). When ASAM is enabled, you will not be able to exit the Zoom Rooms App, unless you are experiencing network failure or are not signed into a room. The ASAM profile exists at the room level, so signing out of a room will allow you to exit the app. You can also upgrade the app (Zoom Rooms), the iPad's OS, rename the device, and assign it to a Zoom Room. Once assigned and the Zoom Room is powered on, the device will automatically be logged in to the Zoom Room you've selected from web. No need for activation codes, sign-in email addresses, or pairing codes with ZDM.
This article covers:
- Zoom Room license
- Account owner, admin or Zoom Rooms role
- iOS Zoom Room controller(s)
ZDM Pre Enrollment
Required iPad Settings
- Click iPad Settings then click General. Disable Automatic Updates for Software Update.
- In iPad Settings, click iTunes & App Store. Disable App Updates for Automatic Downloads.
- In iPad Settings, click Display & Brightness. Disable Auto Lock.
Zoom requires an Apple MDM Push certificate to manage Apple devices. To begin, you will need to download the Apple MDM certificate then upload and authenticate it to ZDM.
- Sign in to zoom.us and navigate to Device Management.
- Click Upload Certificate.
- Click the Download link and save the .scsr file locally.
- Sign in to Apple Push Certificates with your Apple ID.
- Click Create a Certificate.
- Upload the .scsr you downloaded in Step 4.
- Click Download for the MDM Push Certificate from Apple.
- Go back to Zoom and Upload the MDM Push Certificate you downloaded in Step 7.
- Select Enroll Device Individually
- Set your device to supervised mode.
- Scan QR Code or Enter Access Code to start enrollment process.
- Follow the instructions on your iPad to complete the enrollment process.
*NOTE: iPads on iOS 12.2+ will need to have the Profile installed from the iPad by navigating to Settings, then General, then Profiles & Device Management, and then by clicking Install.
Batch Enrollment with Apple Business Manager(ABM)
- Select Apple Business Manager(ABM)
- Click Upload Token
- Download the public key from Zoom
- Sign in to Apple Business Manager with your account.
- To create an MDM server, click Settings > Device Management Settings > Add MDM Server
- Give your MDM server a name and upload the public key you downloaded from Zoom in step 3 and click Save
- Download your MDM server token and upload to Zoom
- Once the token has been uploaded, return to ABM and click Device Assignments
- Select one of the 3 options and Assign to Server you created in Step 6
- For new iPads, once they are booted for the first time, you will see a Remote Configuration screen to install the profile
- For existing iPads, you will need to factory reset the device to receive the Configuration profile
- To start this process on your iPad, click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
- Click Next on remote configuration screen in setup assistant screens to install the configuration profile
*NOTE: After enrolling your device and completing the setup assistant screens, the Zoom Room app will be automatically installed and launched, and you are ready to utilize the new features ZDM offers:
- Remotely upgrade Zoom Rooms app
- Enable Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM)
- Enable Auto Sign in
- How to Rename a Zoom Room with MDM