Zoom Phone users can enable the click to call feature to automatically call a number by clicking on the phone number. Click to dial works on applications that support HTML, like browsers, and email/calendar clients.
This article covers:
- Zoom desktop client for Mac or PC
- Zoom mobile app for iOS or Android
- Zoom Phone license
Enabling Click to Dial
- Type "default apps" in the Windows search bar.
- Click Default apps in the search results.
- Scroll down and click Choose default apps by protocol.
- Find CALLTO, click Choose a default, then select Zoom Meetings. If you already have an app assigned, click it and select Zoom Meetings.
- Find TEL, click Choose a default, then select Zoom Meetings. If you already have an app assigned, click it and select Zoom Meetings.
- Open FaceTime.
- From the main menu, click FaceTime > Preferences.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Default for calls field at the bottom of the window, select zoom.us.
Note: If zoom.us is not visible in the list of options, sign out and sign back in to your Mac.
Using Click to Dial
- Click on a phone number located on a website or email/calendar client. The phone number must be properly tagged with callto or tel protocols for click to dial.
- If prompted, open Zoom. Zoom Phone will dial the selected number.
- Click the phone icon to call the number. Learn more about making and receiving phone calls in Zoom Phone.