You can upgrade your iPad or macOS device from the same admin portal if they are enrolled in Zoom's Mobile Device Management service (ZDM).
Remotely Upgrading iPad Zoom Rooms controllers:
- iPad Zoom Rooms controller has Auto Updates disabled for App Store
- iPad Zoom Room controller does not have a device passcode
- iPad Zoom Room controller is in Supervised Mode (automatically set into "Supervised Mode" when enrolled with Apple Business Manager)
- iPad Zoom Room controller is enrolled in an MDM service (i.e. ZDM)
- iPad Zoom Room controller is connected to the internet
- Mac Zoom Room enrolled in Apple Business Manager
- If the device is using iOS 10.2 or earler it must be enrolled in an MDM solution with Apple DEP.
- You can also manage system updates on Windows devices.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and navigate to the Zoom Rooms page.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Select the drop-down menu on the right and select Enrolled in ZDM only.
- Click one of these options:
- Upgrade: Upgrade the Zoom Rooms app for an individual device.
- Upgrade macOS: Upgrade the OS on all macOS devices.
- Upgrade iOS: Upgrade the OS for all iOS devices.
- Upgrade App: Upgrade the Zoom Rooms app for all devices.
The device will initiate the upgrade and display "Upgrading to X.X.X". Once the device has completed the upgrade, refresh the web portal to view the latest version.
Note: You do not need to remove the ASAM profile to upgrade the Zoom Room controller. The ASAM will not be enabled for the first 10 minutes after relaunching upon upgrade. After 10 minutes, the Zoom Room controller will be in ASAM.