A number port allows you to move a pre-existing number from another carrier to be used on your Zoom Phone account. Toll-Free porting is a manual process and needs to be handled by the Zoom Porting Team.
- Account owner or admin permissions
- Zoom toll-free phone licenses
Note: Inform Zoom ahead of time if you are using your existing phones with Zoom Phone. If so, you may need to contact your current carrier on the day of port to unlock the phone so that we can provision them to Zoom Phone.
Requesting A Toll-Free Number Port
- Download and complete the required Letter of Agency (LOA).
- Send an email to email@example.com.
Note: Attach the completed LOA (required) and current copy of the invoice that has the toll-free number(s) listed.
- A Zoom team member will review and confirm receipt of the request.
- Zoom Phone will send a request to your previous provider to validate the information on the LOA. If accepted, Zoom and the previous provider will work together to activate the pending port. Once approved, it will be available to you to manage in the Zoom web portal.
Common Porting Errors
Invalid Porting Address
We received a rejection when attempting to complete the porting request due to an incorrect information being provided on the Letter Of Agency (LOA). Verify all information (name on account, billing address, account number, and number to be ported). This information can typically be found on a bill provided by a previous provider.