You can set up a custom live stream of a Zoom meeting to a Facebook timeline, group, page, or event. This is an alternative to the integrated Facebook Live Stream feature. Participants can join via Zoom or attendees can join on Facebook Live to watch and comment.
This article covers:
- Custom Live Streaming Enabled in Meeting Settings
- Zoom Desktop client version 4.4.53582 or higher for Windows or Mac
- Admin or editor permission for a Facebook page to stream
- Admin permissions for a Facebook group to stream
Configure streaming before the meeting starts
- On Facebook, click Live Video on the page, group, event, or your timeline where you would like to go live.
- Click Connect.
Note: If you are not able to start the live stream, clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try again.
- Click Schedule.
- Select the date and time of your meeting.
- Click Schedule.
- On the Go Live announcement, click Edit Your Details.
- In another browser tab, sign into Zoom and navigate to the My Meetings page.
- Schedule a new meeting or click on the topic of an existing meeting.
- Click the Live Streaming tab.
- Click Configure Live Streaming Settings.
- Copy the Stream URL from Facebook and paste it into Stream URL field in Zoom.
- Copy the Stream Key from Facebook and paste it into the into the Server URL field in Zoom.
- Copy the URL of the page, group, or timeline where you are live streaming and paste it into the Live streaming page URL field in Zoom.
- Click Save.
- You can now close the Facebook tab. The Live Stream settings are now configured and you will be able to start the live stream at the time of your meeting.
Start live streaming at the time of the meeting
- After starting your meeting, click More in the meeting controls and click Live on Custom Streaming Service.
- You will see a prompt that the live streaming service is preparing.
- If it is the time that you indicated when you scheduled the live stream, it will start automatically. If it is before the time that you selected, click Edit Your Details to start the stream.