A number port allows you to move a pre-existing number from another carrier to be used on your Zoom Phone account.
This article covers:
- Account owner or admin Permissions
- Zoom Phone license
You will need to provide the following information:
- A signed and dated LOA – Printed and scanned on company letterhead is preferable
- Copy of invoice (if available)
Requesting a UK Number Port
- Download and complete the required Letter of Agency (LOA).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to:
- Include UK GEO number port in the subject line.
- Attach the completed LOA (required) and invoice (if available).
- A Zoom team member will review and confirm receipt of the request.
- Zoom Phone will send a request to your previous provider to validate the information on the LOA. If accepted, Zoom and the previous provider will work together to activate the pending port. Once approved, it will be available to you to manage in the Zoom web portal.
- The losing carrier needs to be listed on LOA.
- Numbers may have to port in ranges/blocks. This is dependent on your current carriers number porting rules.
- The address does not need to match area code.
- The address needs to be a valid UK address.
- Numbers porting takes place during UK business hours. There could be up to 2 hours of downtime while the port takes place but most ports are done in 15 minutes or so.
- SLA for number porting is 30 days.
- Number Portability Checks can ONLY be carried out once the order is submitted. There may be some times where numbers come back as non-portable.