Ensuring accessible dial-in numbers
Zoom dial-in numbers are available based on whether the host has subscribed to an audio conferencing plan and which numbers they have selected. If you are the host of a meeting you can check to see which dial-in numbers are accessible to you and your participants before you start. When you are invited to a meeting, you can check your invitation to see which dial-in numbers can be used. If you decide to use a toll number to join a Zoom meeting, you will be charged based on the rates of your phone service provider.
This article covers:
- How to check what dial-in numbers are available to you as a host
- How to determine if your dial-in number is toll-free when you are a participant
- How charges are calculated if you decide to use a toll number
How to check what dial-in numbers are available to you as a host
- Sign in to zoom.us.
- Open https://zoom.us/zoomconference while signed in.
- On this page, you can review which numbers are available to you when hosting. These numbers can be used by any participant in your meeting.
- If you are interested in getting access to additional numbers, including toll-free numbers or fee-based toll numbers for additional countries, you can purchase an audio conferencing plan.
How to determine if your dial-in number is toll-free when you are a participant
By default, Zoom meeting invitations designate which dial-in numbers are toll-free by adding "Toll Free" in parentheses after the number.
If you do not see a parenthesis after the dial-in number, then it is likely a toll number.
Note: Meeting invitations can be customized by the host. The only way to be certain a dial-in number is toll-free is to confirm with the host of the meeting.
How charges are calculated if you decide to use a toll number
Your phone service provider will calculate and issue all charges if you decide to use a toll number. Using a dial-in number for your country will be treated as a regular phone call. If you choose to use a dial-in number outside of your country it will be treated as a long-distance call.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.