Purchasing a Business Account gives your organization access to more features and licenses for your users. If you have not invited them to join your account already, some users in your organization may be utilizing Zoom with individual user accounts. If you want these users to have the benefits of your Business Account, you will need to invite them to your organization's master account. Individual users with paid accounts will receive a refund for the remaining time on their subscription if they accept your invitation.
This article covers:
- Admin or Owner access to zoom.us
- Business account
How to add users on the web
- Navigate to zoom.us and sign in.
- Click User Management then click Users.
- Click Add Users.
- Input the details for the user or users and click Add. An email will be sent inviting the user(s) to join your account. You can check to see if the invitation is still waiting to be accepted by clicking on the Pending section of the User Management page.
- Consult this article for more detailed information about adding users.
How Licensed users accept an invitation
- Each Licensed user that is invited to your account will receive an email similar to this:
- The user will click the hyperlink or paste it into a browser to accept the invitation.
- The user will then see a page like the one below where refund details can be arranged.
- After the above steps are complete, the user can sign in like before by navigating to zoom.us. This user is now a member of your organization's account.
Best practices when inviting users
- An attachment has been included at the bottom of this page if you would like a quick start guide for this process.
- Zoom strongly encourages owners/admins to reach out to individual users before invites are sent, so these users know what to expect and why they are receiving an email.
- If you are inviting individual Licensed users to join your account as basic users, remember that these users will lose access to features if they accept. Basic users can be assigned Licensed licenses later if necessary.
- It is also possible to add users with Single Sign-On and Managed Domains. Click either link for more information.