Purchasing a Business Account gives your organization access to more features and licenses for your users. If you have not invited them to join your account already, some users in your organization may be utilizing Zoom with individual user accounts. If you want these users to have the benefits of your Business Account, you will need to invite them to your organization's parent account. Individual users with paid accounts will receive a refund for the remaining time on their subscription if they accept your invitation.
This article covers:
- Admin or Owner access
- Business account
How to add users on the web
- Navigate to zoom.us and sign in.
- Click User Management then click Users.
- Click Add Users.
- Input the details for the user or users and click Add. An email will be sent inviting the user(s) to join your account. You can check to see if the invitation is still waiting to be accepted by clicking on the Pending section of the User Management page.
- Consult this article for more detailed information about adding users.
How users accept an invitation
- Each user that is invited to your account will receive an email similar to this:
- The user will click the hyperlink or paste it into a browser to accept the invitation.
- If the user is the owner of a paid account, they will then see a page like the one below where refund details can be arranged.
- After the above steps are complete, the user can sign in like before by navigating to zoom.us. This user is now a member of your organization's account.
- If you cannot accept the invite due to error 1009, there are still users on your account, which must be deleted, unlinked, or invited to the other account before the owner can accept the invite. Alternatively, you may have a Zoom Room that needs to be deleted on the Zoom Rooms page before accepting the invite.
- After accepting the invite and joining the account, your profile details (name, profile picture, time zone, etc), scheduled meetings and webinars, cloud recordings, IM history, contacts, and settings will be transferred with you. Settings may be altered if they conflict with group or account settings on the account you are joining. Reporting data will not be transferred, so it is recommended you access and download any needed reports before accepting the account invitation.
Best practices when inviting users
- An attachment has been included at the bottom of this page if you would like a quick start guide for this process.
- Zoom strongly encourages owners/admins to reach out to individual users before invites are sent, so these users know what to expect and why they are receiving an email.
- If you are inviting individual Licensed users to join your account as basic users, remember that these users will lose access to features if they accept. Basic users can be assigned licenses later if necessary.
- It is also possible to add users with Single Sign-On and Associated Domains.