Using in-meeting chat in a Zoom Room
Zoom Rooms can send and receive in-meeting public chat messages. A notification is displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen, and user has the option to view and respond to the chat messages on the Zoom Rooms controller and Zoom Rooms display. You can also disable chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
This article covers:
- How to chat with others
- How to edit the way chat appears on the Zoom Rooms display
Prerequisites for using in-meeting chat in a Zoom Room
- Zoom Rooms version 5.7.0 or higher
- Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms (web portal configuration only)
How to chat with others
Public chat messages in a meeting are displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen, and you can view and respond to them on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- On the Zoom Rooms controller, tap Chat .
- Tap the message bar and use the keyboard pop-up to type a message. Tap the send button when you are finished.
- If you want to chat with an individual participant, tap the arrow to the right of Send to: and then tap the participant you want to chat with.
How to edit the way chat appears on the Zoom Rooms display
Zoom Room Controller
- Tap Chat on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right of the chat window.
- Select your chat settings.
- Show notification on TV: Enabling this setting will display incoming chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
- Show full chat panel on TV: Enabling this setting will show the full chat panel on the Zoom Rooms display.
- You can toggle both settings to off to view the chat messages on the controller only.
Zoom Web Portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Choose a level of the Zoom Rooms hierarchy you would like to edit this feature for. Click Account Settings for the entire account, or Edit for a state, building, floor, or specific room.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle next to Enable chat notifications on TV to turn the setting on or off.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.