Zoom Rooms can view in-meeting public chat messages. A notification is displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen and user has the option to view the chat messages on the Zoom Rooms controller and Zoom Rooms display. You can also disable chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
The chat feature in Zoom Rooms is view only. To send chat messages, you will need to join the meeting from a computer or mobile device.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms for Mac Version 4.4.1 (825.0623) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC Version 4.4.1 (1242.0623) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iOS Version 4.4.1 (102.0620) or higher
- Account owner, admin, or Zoom Rooms role to enable
Viewing In-Meeting Chat
Public chat messages will be displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen and you can also view them on the Zoom Rooms controller.
On the controller
- When there are unread chat messages, a red dot will display on the chat icon.
- Tap chat to view the messages.
On the display
By default, notifications of new chat messages will appear on the Zoom Rooms display.
You can also view the full chat panel on the Zoom Rooms display, by editing the chat settings on the controller as instructed below.
Editing and Disabling Chat on the Display
- Tap Chat on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right of the chat window.
- Select your chat settings.
- Show notification on TV: Enabling this setting will display incoming chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
- Show full chat panel on TV: Enabling this setting will show the full chat panel up on the Zoom Rooms display.
- You can toggle both settings to off to view the chat messages on the controller only.