Viewing In-Meeting Chat in a Zoom Room
Zoom Rooms can view in-meeting public chat messages. A notification is displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen and user has the option to view the chat messages on the Zoom Rooms controller and Zoom Rooms display. You can also disable chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
The chat feature in Zoom Rooms is view only. To send chat messages, you will need to join the meeting from a computer or mobile device.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for viewing in-meeting chat in a Zoom Room
- Zoom Rooms version 5.0.5 or higher
- Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
How to view In-Meeting chat
Public chat messages are displayed on the Zoom Rooms screen and can also be viewed on the Zoom Rooms controller
On the controller
- When there are unread chat messages, a red dot will display on the chat icon .
- Tap chat to view the messages.
On the display
By default, notifications of new chat messages will appear on the Zoom Rooms display. You can also view the full chat panel on the Zoom Rooms display, by editing the chat settings on the controller as discussed below.
How to edit the way chat appears on the Zoom Rooms display
Zoom Room Controller
- Tap Chat on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right of the chat window.
- Select your chat settings.
- Show notification on TV: Enabling this setting will display incoming chat notifications on the Zoom Rooms display.
- Show full chat panel on TV: Enabling this setting will show the full chat panel on the Zoom Rooms display.
- You can toggle both settings to off to view the chat messages on the controller only.
Zoom Web Portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Choose a level of the Zoom Rooms hierarchy you would like to edit this feature for. Click Account Settings for the entire account, or Edit for a state, building, floor, or specific room.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle next to Enable chat notifications on TV to turn the setting on or off.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.