System administrators can use Zoom's mobile device management (ZDM) tool to assign Mac's to a Zoom Room. Once assigned and the Zoom Room is powered on, the device will automatically be logged in to the Zoom Room you've selected from web. No need for activation codes, sign-in email addresses, or pairing codes with ZDM. You can also upgrade and rename the device with ZDM.
This article covers:
- ZDM pre-enrollment
- ZDM enrollment
- Related articles
- Zoom Room license
- Account owner, admin, or Zoom Rooms privileges
- Mac Zoom Room computers
Zoom requires an Apple MDM Push certificate to manage Apple devices. To begin, you will need to download the Apple MDM certificate then upload and authenticate it to ZDM.
- Sign in to zoom.us and click Device Management.
- Click Upload Certificate
- Click the Download link and save the .scsr file locally.
- Sign in to Apple Push Certificates with your Apple ID.
- Click Create a Certificate.
- Upload the .scsr you downloaded in Step 4.
- Click Download for the MDM Push Certificate from Apple.
- Go back to Zoom and Upload the MDM Push Certificate you downloaded in Step 7.
- Select Manual Enrollment.
- Ignore Step 1 - "Supervised Mode" and follow the instructions starting with Step 2.
- On your Mac, use Safari on your device to open the link https://zdm.zoom.us
- Enter the Access Code in your Zoom web portal and click Enroll
- Configuration profile will be downloaded, open the configuration profile
- Install Zoom Rooms MDM to complete the enrollment process
Automated Enrollment with Apple Business Manager(ABM) / Apple School Manager (ASM)
- Select Automated Enrollment.
- Click Upload Token.
- Download the public key from Zoom.
- Sign in to Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager with your account.
- To create an MDM server, click Settings, then Device Management Settings, and then Add MDM Server.
- Give your MDM server a name and upload the public key you downloaded from Zoom in step 3 and click Save.
- Download your MDM server token and upload to Zoom.
- Once the token has been uploaded, return to ABM or ASM and click Devices.
- Select Edit Device Management to assign the device to the MDM server you just created.
- After you successfully assign the device(s) to your desired server, click Refresh on the Device Management page to immediately sync the assignment(s).
- For new Macs, once they are booted for the first time, you will see a Remote Configuration screen to install the profile.
For existing Macs, you will need to factory reset the device to receive the Configuration profile.
- To start this process on your Zoom Room Mac computer, restart then press and hold the Command+R keys when you see the Apple logo to access the macOS Utilities window.
- Select the Disk Utility then Continue. Click View, and then click Show All Devices. Select the disk or volume to erase.
- Click Erase, then complete the following fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the disk or volume, such as "Macintosh HD".
- Format: Choose either APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) to format as a Mac volume. Disk Utility will display a compatible format by default.
- Scheme(if shown): Choose GUID Partition Map.
- Click Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your disk and begin installation. If the installer asks you to unlock the disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac. If it does not detect your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk. Allow the installation to finish before closing your Mac or turning it off.
- Click Next on remote configuration screen in setup assistant screens to install the configuration profile
Note: After enrolling your device and completing the setup assistant screens, the Zoom Room app will be automatically installed and launched, and you are ready to utilize the new features ZDM offers: