The Marketplace Admin Dashboard allows you to manage apps installed on your account, manage pre-approval and installation requests, regulate app permissions, review the Active Apps Notifier Report, manage email notifications, and view API logs. Admins on your account will share the same views when managing permissions, installs, and email notifications.
This article covers:
- Accessing the Admin Dashboard
- Configuring pre-approval
- Chat bot visibility control
- Managing email notifications
- Zoom Account owner or admin permissions
Accessing the Admin Dashboard
To access the Admin Dashboard, sign in to your Zoom account at marketplace.zoom.us and click Manage in the top-right.
The admin Dashboard allows you to:
- view apps installed on the account
- view the Active Apps Notifier Report
- manage pre-approval and installation requests
- manage app permissions
- manage email notifications
- view API logs
To have more control over Integrations used by members of the account, an admin can require pre-approval of apps before they can be installed. The admin can pre-approve apps that are already cleared for use, or members of the account can request approval, which will notify admins of the request.
By default, any single-user account that has not yet accessed Marketplace has pre-approval disabled, whereas multi-user accounts that have not yet accessed Marketplace have pre-approval enabled. Single-user accounts will be reminded of pre-approval settings upon adding an additional user(s).
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Advanced, then App Marketplace.
- In the top-right corner of the Marketplace, click Manage.
- In the My Admin Dashboard section, click Permissions.
- Adjust the Require publicly listed apps on the Zoom App Marketplace to be pre-approved for your users option as needed.
- If enabling, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Turn On to verify the change.
- (Optional) Adjust the Allow publicly listed apps created by Zoom to be installed without admin pre-approval check box to exempt Zoom-created apps from pre-approval by an admin.
- (Optional) Adjust the Allow publicly listed apps created by users in your account to be installed without admin pre-approval check box to exempt apps created by a member of your organization from pre-approval by an admin.
Allowing specific users or user groups to install an app
Owners or admins can search for apps on the Marketplace and individually pre-approve them. Once an app is pre-approved, it can be installed by other users on the account.
Note: If you have not approved an app in the App Marketplace, users on your account can request to install the app. If this occurs, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with further details.
- Sign in to https://marketplace.zoom.us/ as an admin or owner.
- Search for an app and click on the icon to select it.
- In the Who can install section, enable the Pre-approve toggle.
By default, Allow all users on your account to install this app is selected. If you would like to instead pre-approve the app for certain users or groups:
- Select Allow specific users or user groups to install this app.
- Click Add users.
- Select Add an individual user or Add a user group.
- Add an individual user: Enter the email address of the user in your account and click Add. Repeat this process as necessary to include additional users.
- Add a user group: Enter the group name of the user group in your account and click Add. Repeat this process as necessary to include additional user groups.
Note: A combination of individual users and user groups can be given access to a pre-approved app.
Reviewing existing pre-approvals
You can also review your already pre-approved apps for your account. To view all apps that have accessed data in the past 30 days, use the Active Apps Notifier Report to review recently active apps.
- Click Manage.
- Under the My Admin Dashboard section, click Apps on Account.
- Click the Pre-approved Apps tab to review a list of apps you have pre-approved.
Reviewing pre-approval and install requests
Admins and owners can manage all open pre-approval (per user installed apps) and install (account level installed apps) requests. Each request sends admins an email from email@example.com with further details.
- Click Manage.
- Under the My Admin Dashboard section, click App Requests.
- To check pre-approval requests from your users, click Pre-Approval Requests. These apps require the admin to pre-approve the app before a user can install the app on their own behalf. Click Pre-approve or Reject.
- To check installation requests from your users, click Request to Install. These apps require the admin to install and configure the apps on behalf of the user. Click Pre-approve or Reject.
Chat bot visibility control
You can configure a specific chat bot to be visible to all users on your account or specific IM Groups from your Zoom account management. By default, all users will see the app. To change this:
- Log in to Zoom Marketplace as an admin.
- Navigate to the desired chat app listing.
- In the Who can install? section, change the Chat Visibility to Allow specific IM groups to view the app in chat.
- Click Add IM groups.
- Search for the IM group that you would like to be able to see this app, and click Add. Repeat as needed for each additional IM group.
Note: You must have IM groups enabled in IM Management, as well as already have an IM Group created, to use this option.
- Click Save.
Managing email notifications
Users on your account will be able to send pre-approval and installation requests for apps in the App Marketplace. You have the ability to enable or disable email notifications for these requests, as well as designate specific additional recipients. To manage email notifications:
- Click Manage.
- Under My Admin Dashboard, click Email Notifications.
- You can choose to enable email notifications for pre-approval, installation, and app upgrade requests.
- If enabled, you can click Add Email to add additional recipients to be notified when a user requests to pre-approve or install an app.
Note: You can configure these notifications to be sent to your ticketing service, Zendesk for example, by entering your ticketing service’s support address. For more information on obtaining or configuring your support address please refer to your specific ticketing system’s support documentation.