If your organization has more than one Zoom Room, you can allow your users to reserve any available Zoom Room from a scheduling display. To configure this option you will need to upload a floor map to the Zoom web portal. Once this is done, you can designate the areas on the floor map that match the locations of your Zoom Rooms. This will allow users to view the floor map and reserve these Zoom Rooms when they use a scheduling display.
This article covers:
- Zoom Room controller configured as a Scheduling Display
- Zoom Rooms App for iPad version 4.5.0 (147.0829) or higher
- Zoom Rooms App for Android 4.5.0 (40516.0903) version or higher
- Admin or Owner role
- Floor Map Added to the Zoom Web Portal
Adding a Floor Map
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal, click Room Management, then click Zoom Rooms.
- Click Floors, then click Edit next to the floor you would like to add a floor map to.
- Click Scheduling Display and choose an option under Allow to reserve other rooms. This choice of Campus, Buildings, or Floors determines which other rooms the scheduling display has access to when making reservations. Next, click Add Floor Map.
- Select an image to use as your floor map and upload it.
The image can be a .JPG or .PNG and cannot exceed 5MB.
- Click and drag the room(s) listed on the left to the corresponding area on the floor map. Zoom rooms will need to be part of the location hierarchy to appear on this list.
- After clicking and dragging a room to the floor map, a blue square will appear on the page. You can change the size of the square by clicking on the white edges and dragging your cursor across the screen. You can also click the icons below to change the shape to a circle, draw the shape yourself or change the shape back to a square. When you are finished, click the checkmark to save your work or the X icon to discard it.
- Click Close to return to the previous page.
Reserving Zoom Rooms
- Tap Reserve on your Zoom Room scheduling display.
- Tap Reserve Other Rooms.
- Use the floor map to locate another available room and tap the room's location on the screen to begin the reservation process.
- If you would like to reserve a room that is not displayed on the floor map, tap the floor name at the top of the scheduling display to change your selection between floors, buildings, or to display all rooms on your campus.
- Tap the Reserve button to start the scheduling process.