This article provides a starting point for provisioning Zoom Phone desk phones. It provides an overview of the provisioning process and links to the relevant articles for more information.
Follow this process for provisioning desk phones:
- Finding Supported Desk Phones
- Adding Desk Phones to the Zoom Web Portal
- Start the Provisioning Process
- Troubleshooting Issues
(1) Finding Supported Desk Phones
Note: Make sure you find if your phone supports zero touch provisioning.
(2) Adding Desk Phones to the Zoom Web Portal
After you have a supported desk phone, begin by adding your phone to the Zoom web portal.
Note: Make sure to add your phone to the Zoom web portal before turning on a new phone for the first time or performing a factory rest on a previously-used phone.
(3) Starting the Provisioning Process
There are two provisioning methods depending on your phone:
Zero touch provisioning
For phones that support zero touch provisioning, you can automatically provision your phone without having to configure provisioning in the phone's web interface.
- If you have a previously-used phone, a factory reset is required to trigger provisioning. Follow the instructions to reset a Polycom or Yealink device to factory default.
- If your phone is brand new out-of-the-box, zero touch provisioning will be automatically triggered.
Note: Your phone will reboot several times to complete provisioning. During the provisioning process, the phone's firmware will auto upgrade to the latest supported version.
If you are having issues with zero touch provisioning or your phone doesn't support it, you have to:
- Reset the phone to factory default and upgrade the phone's firmware. Follow the instructions for Polycom or Yealink.
- Access the phone's web interface and configure provisioning. Follow the instructions for assisted provisioning on Polycom or Yealink.
Note: After provisioning, Polycom and Yealink phones will automatically update their firmware to the latest supported version.
If you can't provision a desk phone, try these troubleshooting suggestions:
- Make sure your desk phone is supported by Zoom Phone. Keep in mind that some older versions of Polycom models will not work with Zoom Phone.
- Follow the instructions again to reset the device to factory default and install the latest firmware (see the article for Polycom or Yealink). If your phone has outdated firmware, it can prevent provisioning from completing.
- Make sure you don't have another provisioning server communicating with the phone when you try to complete provisioning.
- If you're using assisted provisioning, make sure you enter the correct provisioning URL. You can copy the URL from the Assisted Provisioning column in the supported devices list.
- If you're still having issues, contact Zoom support. You may be asked to export logs from your desk phone. See the article for Polycom and Yealink.