End-of-sale Polycom models that were manufactured before certain dates are not supported by Zoom Phone. They do not contain the factory-installed certificate, causing the device to fail the certificate authentication that leads to registration failure. Learn more on the Polycom website.
Note: Zoom only works with Polycom devices that are running at least version 4.0.0 of the UCS firmware. In previous versions (Polycom SIP software 3.x or earlier), upgrading from the phone's web interface, registration, and provisioning will not work with Zoom. This restriction does not apply to OBi ATAs.
This article covers:
- Polycom End-of-sale Models Limitations
- Checking the Manufacture Date
- Provisioning SoundStation IP6000
Polycom End-of-sale Models Limitations
|Model||Console part number||Revision(s)||Manufacture Date|
|SoundPoint IP 335||2201-12375-001||D||October 2009|
SoundPoint IP 450
SoundPoint IP 550
SoundPoint IP 650
|SoundStation IP 6000||2201-15600-001||M||January 2010|
|SoundStation IP 5000||2201-30900-001||B||March 2010|
|VVX 500||2201-44500-001||B||December 2011|
Checking the Manufacture Date
If you are using one of the models above, look on the back or base of your Polycom device for the following label. The device is not supported by Zoom Phone if:
- the revision letter is less than the letter stated in the table; or
- the manufacture date is before the date stated in the table
(This is sample label. Your device's label will look different.)
Provisioning SoundStation IP6000
Some Polycom IP6000s might be unable to provision even if the device was manufactured after January 2010. These models have an outdated updater (Boot Loader) version that does not support TLSv1.2. This causes provisioning to fail since Zoom Phone enforces TLSv1.2 for all the incoming provisioning requests.
By default, the device will try to upgrade the updater after the reboot or during the first initiation. However, the updater directory is not provided by Polycom due to the outdated firmware version, causing a reboot loop and failing provisioning.
Follow these steps to upgrade the IP6000 using a custom server address:
- Follow the instructions to access the web interface of the device.
- On the home page, check the Updater Version. Make sure it is lower than 5.0.14.
- If the Updater Version is lower than 5.0.14, go to Utilities > Software Upgrade.
- Make the following changes:
- Server Type: Select Custom Server.
- Custom server address: Copy and paste this URL,
- Click Check for Updates.
- Select 18.104.22.1680G in the drop-down menu.
- Click Install. The upgrade process will take 5-7 minutes.
- After the phone reboots, refresh the phone’s web page and double-check the Updater Version on the home page.
- Follow the steps for assisted provisioning. After provisioning, you can confirm the following information on the web interface home page:
- Updater Version: 5.0.14
- UC Software Version: 22.214.171.1240G