The setting Room Controls allows you to control third party IP-capable equipment, so that the equipment can be controlled from the Zoom Room controller. Admins can create a configuration profile to add outgoing IP control messages from Zoom Room.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms for macOS or Windows
- Third party devices controllable by LAN or WLAN
- iTach network adapter, if device does not have native LAN or WLAN access
Configuring the devices
After connecting the devices directly by LAN or WLAN or with the iTach network adapter, you can create a configuration profile that you will add to the room on the Zoom web portal. You can download a sample Zoom Room Control JSON Profile or a sample Zoom Room control JSON profile with additional comments.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management > Zoom Rooms.
- Click the Edit to the right of the Zoom Room name.
- Under Devices, toggle Enable Room Controls to on (blue).
- Click Create Profile.
- Enter the json configuration for this room.
Using the room controls
On the room controller device, tap the Room Controls icon.
When not in a meeting, the Room Controls icon is on the left.
- During a meeting, tap the icon at the top right.
- The Room Controls will now display.