Call flip allows you to place your current Zoom Phone call on hold and answer it on another device (Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or provisioned desk phone).
- Zoom Phone license
- Originating device:
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS
- Destination device:
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or Mac, version 4.5.4 or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS, version 4.5.3 or higher
- Provisioned desk phone that supports call flip
- Make or receive a call using the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or a provisioned desk phone.
- Place the call on hold using the in-call controls.
The other party will hear hold music while they are on hold.
- Follow one of these sections depending on the device you want to switch to:
- Click the Phone icon.
- Click the Lines tab to see the caller you have placed on hold.
- Click the hold icon to answer the call.
- Tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Lines tab to see the caller you have placed on hold.
- Tap the hold icon to answer the call.
Note: The following steps apply to most desk phones supported by Zoom Phone. For more information, visit the support site of your phone's manufacturer.
- Go to the home screen of your desk phone.
- Look for the phone line that is on hold. This is usually indicated by a Hold / Public Hold label, red icon, hold icon , or blinking red light if your phone has line keys.
- Press or tap the phone line to answer the call.