Using Dedicated Dial-In Numbers
A Dedicated Dial-In Number is a phone number tied directly to a user’s Personal Audio Conference. By using this number, the host, as well as participants, will not be prompted to enter a conference ID number when joining, however, it will still prompt for a host key if the host has not joined yet.
This phone number can only be used for Personal Audio Conferences, and are currently only US-based numbers.
This article covers:
- Purchase a Dedicated Dial-In Number
- Enabling a Dedicated Dial-In Number
- Using a Dedicated Dial-In Number
- Custom Greetings and Hold Music
Prerequisites for using dedicated dial-in numbers
- Pro, Business, Education or Enterprise plan
- Audio Conferencing Options Add-on
- Licensed host
How to purchase a Dedicated Dial-In Number
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Billing.
- Click Edit to the right of Audio Conferencing under the Current Plans section.
Note: If you have not already purchased the plan, learn more about purchasing audio conferencing.
- Select the check box next to Dedicated Dial-In Numbers.
- Enter the number of dedicated dial-in numbers you want to purchase.
Note: A dedicated dial-in number can only be assigned to one user at a time.
- Click Continue.
How to enable a Dedicated Dial-In Number for a User
- Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal as an account owner or admin.
- In the navigation panel, click User Management then Users.
- Click Edit to the right of the user you want to assign the number to.
- Select the check box to enable Dedicated Dial-In Number.
- Click Save.
How to use a Dedicated Dial-In Number
Accessing the Number
- Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal.
- Click Personal Audio Conference.
Your Dedicated Dial-In Number will be listed at the top of the page.
Sending the Invitation
You can copy the auto-generated invitation for conference participants and send it out to them via email, add it to a calendar invite, or share elsewhere. If you have set a listen-only password, you will also have the option to copy the invitation for listen-only participants.
To copy the invitation:
- Click Copy the Invitation for [Participants or Listen-Only Attendees].
- Click Select All.
- Right-click to copy or press Ctrl-C on a PC or Linux, or press Cmd-C on Mac.
- Paste the invitation where you would like to share it.
How to use custom greetings and hold music
Account owners and admins can add a personalized welcome message and hold music. Once uploaded when a participant dials into a personal audio conference using a dedicated dial-in number, they will receive the welcome message. The hold music will play while a participant is on hold. The audio files must be in the .wav format (8k, mono, ULAW or ALAW).
To upload the files:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Audio Conferencing tab.
- Under Telephone welcome message or Telephone on-hold music, click the Edit icon .
- Browse for the desired .wav file and select it for uploading.
- Once completed, repeat steps 4-5 for the other recording option, if desired.
Note: Once the file is uploaded, it will take 24 hours for the audio file to be used with the dedicated dial-in number.
Learn more about hosting a Personal Audio Conference (PAC) meeting.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.