Account consolidation with associated domains
Separate accounts with a specific email domain (such as @mycompany.com) are consolidated into one account when an associated domain is verified and the account owner or admin chooses to allow users to consolidate into their account. These separate accounts have the option to change their email addresses to avoid being consolidated. Any licenses or add-ons purchased by separate accounts can be refunded during the consolidation process. Once the accounts are consolidated, the parent account with the managed domain will determine which licenses and add-ons are assigned to the added users.
The account owner or admin can also add an associated domain and choose not to consolidate users into their account. If they do not choose to consolidate users, you will need to change your email address or terminate your Zoom account.
This article covers:
- Account with associated domain has enabled the setting Allow users with the same domain to consolidate into this account
- Alternative email address (to avoid consolidation)
- When an associated domain is verified and the account has enabled the setting Allow users with the same domain to consolidate into this account, you will be prompted to consolidate into the parent account or change your email address. The prompt will appear when you sign in to an existing account or sign up for a new one.
Note: Signing in to the Zoom web portal or the client will trigger the prompt. You may also receive an email notification if the admin clicked Send Email in the associated domain settings.
- Click Consolidate into Account then click Continue.
- Users with paid accounts will be prompted to refund their outstanding balance before consolidating.
- Once the refund request has been submitted, a confirmation page appears. An email will be sent when the refund process is complete.
Users without paid accounts will simply receive confirmation that they have joined the parent account.
- After accepting the invite and joining the account, the following details will transfer with you:
- Your profile details (name, profile picture, time zone, etc)
- Scheduled meetings and webinars
- Cloud recordings
- IM history
Settings may be altered if they conflict with group or account settings on the account you are joining. Any licenses, such as large meeting or webinar, will not transfer, so these will need to be assigned by an admin on the new account. Reporting data will also not be transferred, so it is recommended they access and download any needed reports before accepting the account invitation. While IM history is transferred with and accessible to the user, any IM history from before joining the account is not accessible to account admins on the new account.
- When joining an account with a different Vanity URL, your meeting and webinar IDs will be unaffected, but the join links will be updated to the new Vanity URL. This will cause attendees joining with the old vanity links to be warned that the meeting they are joining is no longer associated with the account of the old vanity url and potentially cause confusion. To avoid this, you can email any guests and update calendar events with the updated join URL, or resend registration confirmation emails.
Changing the account email
When an associated domain is verified and the account has enabled the setting Allow users with the same domain to consolidate into this account, you will be prompted to consolidate into the parent account or change your email address. If an associated domain is verified and the option Allow users with the same domain to consolidate into this account is not enabled, you will be required to change your email address. The prompt will appear when you sign up for a new account or sign in to an existing account in the Zoom web portal or Zoom client. If you have an existing account, you may also receive an email notification.
- When the prompt appears, click Update Email Address then click Continue.
Note: if the account owner or admin has chosen not to allow users in the same domain to consolidate into their account, you will only have the option to change your email address.
- Complete the required fields, then click Save.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Open the email and click Confirm Change.
- Enter a new password and click Submit.
- Click Sign in Now to access your account.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.