After using Zoom Phone for making or receiving calls, you'll have access to in-call controls like recording the call, adding another person to the call, or transferring the call.
This article controls:
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Zoom mobile app for iOS or Android
- Zoom Phone license
During a call, you can use the following in-call controls in the Zoom desktop client or mobile app. These controls are on all platforms:
Mute / Unmute: Mute or unmute your mic.
Keypad: Display a dial pad to enter numbers during the call. For example, the dial pad allows you to select an option during an interactive answering machine or to enter an extension number.
Audio: Open audio settings and change the volume of your speaker or mic.
Add Call: Display a dial pad to enter a number and add another person to the call (three-way call). Each person will remain on a separate line. Click or tap their name or number to switch between each person.
To merge the calls and enable three-way calling, click or tap the merge icon and select the person or number to merge with.
Hold / Unhold: Place the call on hold or resume the call. The receiving party will hear music while they're on hold. You can customize your hold music in the Zoom web portal. While the call is on hold, you can use call flip to switch the call to another device (Zoom desktop app, mobile client, or desk phone).
Transfer: Transfer the call to another number. You can also transfer the call to voicemail.
Record: Start or stop recording the call. You may hear an audio prompt notifying both parties that the call will be recorded (the audio prompt can be disabled by the admin). If your admin disabled call recording or enabled automatic recording, the Record button will be inaccessible. You can still access existing recordings. Play and manage your recordings using the desktop client, mobile app, or web portal.
Take note of how the following scenarios affect call recordings:
- If you transfer the call, the recording will end when you select a transfer option. This applies when transferring to external or internal contacts. If you select Warm Transfer, you can start the recording again to record the portion before you complete the transfer.
- If you add a call after starting a recording, the recording will continue for the initial call. The recording will end when you merge the calls to start a three-way call.
- If you add a call while automatic call recording is enabled, the recording will continue for the initial call. Zoom Phone will also automatically start a new recording for the added call. When you merge the call, the new recording will continue for the merged call.
You can only use these controls in the Zoom mobile app:
Minimize: Minimize the in-call controls while continuing the call so you can use the Zoom mobile app or another app on your phone.
More: Only visible if you're currently weak 3G/4G signal. Tap More then Switch to Carrier to switch the call to your phone's carrier. You will receive a call. Answer it to complete the switch.