If you have a desk phone that supports multiple line keys, you can customize your line keys displayed on the desk phone. This is useful if you have multiple direct numbers, or if you're a delegate part of a call delegation setup.
For the line keys associated with your direct numbers, you can change the order, outbound caller ID, and alias. For line keys associated with shared lines, you can change the order or alias.
This article covers:
- Zoom Phone license
- Desk phone that supports multiple line keys
Customizing line keys
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Phone.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Keys & Positions section, click View or Edit.
- Access these options to customize your line keys:
Note: If you are a delegate part of a call delegation setup, you can't change the outbound caller ID. Only the owner of the phone number can change it.
- Key: Adjust the order of the shared lines. Drag and drop a row, or use the arrow buttons to move each row up or down in the order.
- Key's Owner: Displays the owner of the extension or phone number. If you're a delegate, you will see the delegator's name followed by (Shared).
- Line Subscription: Displays the extension or direct number of the line. If you have multiple direct numbers, the one attached to your extension number is the primary number.
- Alias (Optional): Enter an alias that is displayed for the associated line. An alias can make it easier to identify lines if you have multiple shared lines or direct phone numbers. The alias is only displayed on the desk phone's screen and doesn't affect your caller ID.
Note: Entering a custom alias will replace the default alias.
- Outbound Caller ID: Select an outbound caller ID number for the line. You can select from the following options:
- Same as Number: Use the number in the Live Subscription column as the caller ID number.
- Main Company Number: The number assigned to the main auto receptionist.
- Additional Company Number: Phone numbers assigned to auto receptionists.
- Call queue numbers (the call queue name is displayed next to the caller ID number): Phone numbers assigned to call queues that you are a member of.
- Hide Caller ID: Hide the outbound caller ID name and number.
- Click Save.
The phone will automatically reboot to apply the changes. The phone may reboot multiple times.
Default aliases for line keys
The lines keys on your phone are labelled as follows:
- If you only have one direct number or don't have a direct number, the line key will display your name.
- If you have more than one direct number, the line keys will display the number.
- If you're delegate in a call delegation setup, all shared lines (direct phone numbers that belong to the delegator) will display the number.
Changing the primary number
If you more than one direct phone number, you can change the primary number. The primary number shares the same line as your extension number. This means if a caller is routed to you through the main company number, the line associated with the primary number will be used.