Using chat announcements
Chat announcements allow specific users to send one-way announcements to everyone in the same account. Account owners and admin can add up to 50 users who can send announcements.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using an Announcements channel
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 4.6.0 (13610.1201) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (13610.1201) or higher
- Linux: 3.5.330166.1202 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 4.6.0 (13605.1201) or higher
- iOS: 4.6.0 (13605.1201) or higher
Limitations of chat announcements
The following chat features work with chat announcements:
- Post images, GIFs, files, and code snippets as announcements
- Edit or delete announcements (only available to the user that posted the announcement)
- Mark announcements with a star
- Mark announcements as unread
- Adjust notification settings for announcements
- Copy and share announcements with another user or channel
The following chat feature don't work with chat announcements:
- Add replies or reactions (emojis) to announcements
Note: This includes the user that posted the announcement. In other words, the poster can't reply to their announcement.
Note: As an alternative to announcements, you can create a channel with restricted posting permissions.
How to enable chat announcements
An account owner or admin needs to enable chat announcements in the web portal and select users that can post announcements. You can add up to 50 users that can post announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then IM Management.
- Click the IM Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Visibility section.
- Click the Announcements toggle to enable it.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add users that can post announcements.
- Enter a name or email address to search users, then select the user.
- Click Add.
Zoom will create a channel called Announcements. Only users you added can post announcements. All other users can't post in this channel.
How to use chat announcements
Note: Before beginning, make sure an account owner or admin has granted you permission to post announcements.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.