Chat announcements allow specific users to send one-way announcements to everyone in the same account. Account owners and admin can add up to 50 users who can send announcements.
This article covers:
- Enabling Chat Announcements (Admin)
- Using Chat Announcements
- Features and Limitations of Chat Announcements
- Zoom Desktop Client
- Windows or macOS: 4.6.0 (13610.1201) or higher
- Linux: 3.5.330166.1202 or higher
- Zoom Mobile App
- Android: 4.6.0 (13605.1201) or higher
Enabling Chat Announcements (Admin)
An account owner or admin needs to enable chat announcements in the web portal and select users that can post announcements. You can add up to 50 users that can post announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management > IM Management.
- Click the IM Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Visibility section.
- Click the Announcements toggle to enable it.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add users that can post announcements.
- Enter a name or email address to search users, then select the user.
- Click Add.
Zoom will create a channel called Announcements. Only users you added can post announcements. All other users can't post in this channel.
Using Chat Announcements
Note: Before beginning, make sure an account owner or admin has granted you permission to post announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click Chat.
- Select the Announcements channel.
- Enter an announcement to send to all users, then press Enter.
Note: You can also post images, GIFs, files, and code snippets as announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom Mobile App.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap the Channels tab.
- Tap Announcements.
- Enter an announcement to send to all users, then press the send icon.
Features and Limitations of Chat Announcements
The following chat features work with chat announcements:
- Edit or delete announcements (only available to the user that posted the announcement)
- Mark announcements with a star
- Mark announcements as unread
- Adjust notification settings for announcements
- Copy and share announcements with another user or channel
The following chat features don't work with chat announcements:
- Add replies or reactions (emoticons) to announcements
Note: This includes the user that posted the announcement. In other words, the poster can't reply to their announcement.
- Download announcements that are images or files