Using Team Chat announcements
Chat announcements allow specific users to send one-way announcements to everyone in the same account. Account owners and admin can add up to 50 users who can send announcements.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using an Announcements channel
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
Limitations of chat announcements
The following chat features work with chat announcements:
- Post GIFs, images and files, and code snippets as announcements
- Edit or delete announcements (only available to the user that posted the announcement)
- Bookmark announcements
- Mark announcements as unread
- Set a reminder for an announcement
- Adjust notification settings for announcements
- Copy and share announcements with another user or channel
The following chat feature don't work with chat announcements:
- Add replies or reactions (emojis) to announcements
Note: This includes the user that posted the announcement. In other words, the poster can't reply to their announcement.
Note: As an alternative to announcements, you can create a channel with restricted posting permissions.
How to enable chat announcements
An account owner or admin needs to enable chat announcements in the web portal and select users that can post announcements. You can add up to 50 users that can post announcements.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Team Chat tab.
- Under Visibility, click the Announcements toggle to enable it.
- Click the plus icon + to add users that can post announcements.
- Enter a name or email address to search users, then select the user.
- Click Add.
Zoom will create a channel called Announcements.
Only users you added can post announcements. All other users can view-only in this channel.
How to use chat announcements
Note: Before beginning, make sure an account owner or admin has granted you permission to post announcements.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.