Using slash commands in Zoom Team Chat
Slash commands allow you to quickly perform an action by entering a forward slash (/) in a 1-on-1, channel, or group chat.
Prerequisites for using slash commands
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
/call: Make a Zoom Phone call with a user or room in your contacts directory. The user or room must have a Zoom Phone license to receive the call. You can also call the user if they added a verified phone number to their profile.
/zoom: Start an instant meeting with a user or room in your contacts directory.
Note: Slash commands can be run from any chat thread. To avoid sending messages by mistake, use your personal chat space to run slash commands.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Team Chat tab .
- Select the contact, group chat, or channel you want to send an audio message to.
- Enter a forward slash (/).
Zoom will display a list of slash commands.
- Click a slash command from the list. You can also use your arrow keys to select a command then press Enter.
- Enter a few characters to search through users or rooms, then click a user or room from the list. You can also use your arrow keys to select a command then press Enter.
- Press Enter to run the command.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.