Account owners and admins can change settings for instant meetings on Zoom Rooms. You can apply these settings for room, floor, or location.
- Account admin or owner
Accessing settings for a Zoom Room
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click one of the tabs to filter by rooms or location.
- Click Edit next to the room or location you want to change.
- In the Meeting tab, change the following settings in each tab:
Rooms Profile tab
- Room Name: The display name to help you and users in your account identify the room. This name is used in all relevant interfaces including the web portal, room controllers, displays, and the contacts directory in the client/app.
- Display Name (optional): The display name that is shown on the scheduling display. This allows you to set a shorter display name that doesn't include things like location prefixes. If you leave this option blank, the Room Name is used.
Zoom Rooms section
- Display top banner on TV in meeting: Display the room name, time or sharing key on the top portion of display by default. Room participants can enable or disable this banner using in-meeting settings. Click the check boxes to select what is displayed.
Schedule Meeting section
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting: Instant meetings will use the room meeting ID.
- Require a password when scheduling new meetings: Meetings scheduled using the room's scheduling display will use a randomly-generated password. Users will need to enter this password to join the meeting.
- Require a password for instant meetings: Instant meetings will use a randomly-generated meeting password. Users will need to enter this password to join the meeting.
- Require a password for Room Meeting ID (Applicable for Zoom Rooms only): Meetings that use the room meeting ID will use the specified password (the password is not randomly generated). If you enabled this setting, you should also enable, Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting.
- Bypass the password when joining meetings from meeting list: When users join or start a meeting using the meeting list on the controller, they don't need to enter the meeting password (if there's one applied to the meeting). This setting doesn't apply to instant meetings.