Changing the settings of a Zoom Room
Account owners and admins can change settings for instant meetings on Zoom Rooms. You can apply these settings for room, floor, or location.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for changing the settings of a Zoom Room
- Zoom Rooms license
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
How to access the settings for a Zoom Room
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Click one of the tabs to filter by rooms or location.
- Click Edit next to the room or location you want to change.
- Change the following settings in each tab:
Note: This is not a complete list of all settings that can be changed.
Rooms Profile tab
- Room Name: The display name to help you and users in your account identify the room. This name is used in all relevant interfaces including the web portal, room controllers, displays, and the contacts directory in the client/app.
- Display Name (optional): The display name that is shown on the scheduling display. This allows you to set a shorter display name that doesn't include things like location prefixes. If you leave this option blank, the Room Name is used.
- Display top banner on TV in meeting: Display the room name, time or sharing key on the top portion of display by default. Room participants can enable or disable this banner using in-meeting settings. Click the check boxes to select what is displayed.
- Bypass the password when joining meetings from meeting list: When users join or start a meeting using the meeting list on the controller, they don't need to enter the meeting password (if there's one applied to the meeting). This setting doesn't apply to instant meetings.
Schedule Meeting section
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.