The network audio feature allows you to use dante-enabled microphones in a Zoom Room where the microphone is reachable on the network by the Zoom Room.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.6.0 (40654.1216) or higher
- iOS: 4.6.0(214.1214) or higher
- Shure MXA910 or MXA310 microphone
- Zoom Room license
Prepare your network
Consider setting up necessary isolated networks, VLANs & whitelisting or Dante Domain Manager as needed to restrict network access to your microphones
The customer is always responsible for the security of the network when using this feature
*Note: Take every precaution possible, as we do not have built in encryption between Shure devices and Zoom Rooms devices. For full encrypted audio designs with networked audio, see:
Enabling network audio
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings then Devices. Enable Network audio devices to turn on this setting for your entire account. Alternatively, you can edit a specific area in your location hierarchy or a specific zoom room and enable the setting.
Connecting the microphones
- Connect your microphone to the network you use for your zoom room.
- Tap Settings on your zoom room controller, then tap Microphone.
- Tap Network Audio Device and then tap See Details.
- Tap the microphone you want on the menu to select it, then tap Done.