The network audio feature allows you to use dante-enabled microphones in a situation where the microphone is reachable by the Zoom Rooms on the network.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.6.0 (40654.1216) or higher
- iOS: 4.6.0(214.1214) or higher
- Shure MXA910 or MXA310 microphone
- Zoom Room license
Prepare your network
Make sure the Zoom Rooms are on the same wired network (no wifi) as the dante devices. Consider isolating your AV network with a local network switch and a USB to ethernet converter to allow the Zoom Rooms to be on both local and building networks. If an isolated AV network is not possible, consider setting up VLANs or Dante Domain Manager as needed to allow or restrict network access to your microphones
The customer is always responsible for the security of the network when using this feature
*Note: Take every precaution possible, as we do not have built in encryption between Shure devices and Zoom Rooms devices. For full encrypted audio designs with networked audio, see:
Enabling network audio
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings then Devices. Enable Network audio devices to turn on this setting for your entire account. Alternatively, you can edit a specific area in your location hierarchy or a specific zoom room and enable the setting.
Connecting the microphones
- Connect your microphone to the network you use for your zoom room.
- Tap Settings on your zoom room controller, then tap Microphone.
- Tap Network Audio Device and then tap See Details.
- Tap the microphone you want on the menu to select it, then tap Done.