With the Zoom Office 365 add-in, administrators can deploy the add-in with the single sign-on (SSO) URL preconfigured. With the URL preconfigured, users will automatically use SSO to authenticate when they interact with the add-in, such as click the Add a Zoom Meeting or Settings options in the add-in.
- When using custom manifest files, the Add-in will not receive automatic updates, and must be updated with a new manifest file.
- If the Add-in is deployed with a preconfigured SSO URL, this will prevent automatic logins for the add-in.
This article goes over:
- SSO configured for your Zoom account
Configuring the manifest file
- Download the manifest file for the Outlook Add-in.
- Open the manifest file in a text editor.
- Replace the current value in <Id>%value%</Id> with c7740fe1-f1ea-4869-9bec-fc827930b38f.
For example if your manifest file lists the ID as <Id>a7ca6c74-33fb-43a4-a3e4-781078f0eff5</Id>, change the line to <Id>c7740fe1-f1ea-4869-9bec-fc827930b38f</Id>.
- Find the following lines in the Manifest (they will appear two times):
<bt:Url id="messageReadTaskPaneUrl" DefaultValue="https://zoom.us/office365/schedule"/>
<bt:Url id="functionFile" DefaultValue="https://zoom.us/office365/addzoom"/>
- Replace those lines with above, with the following lines respectively:
<bt:Url id="messageReadTaskPaneUrl" DefaultValue="https://zoom.us/office365/schedule?login=sso&domain=%ssodomain%"/>
<bt:Url id="functionFile" DefaultValue="https://zoom.us/office365/addzoom?login=sso&domain=%ssodomain%"/>
- Modify the newly added lines by replacing "%ssodomain%" with your domain. For example, if your Vanity Url is mycompany.zoom.us, replace "%ssodomain%" with "mycompany".
- Save the file.
Deploying with the manifest file
- Log in to the Office 365 Admin Portal.
- Click Settings to expand that section and then click Services & add-ins.
- Click Deploy Add-in.
- Click Next.
- Click Upload custom apps.
- Click I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device.
- Click Choose File, and select the file manifest file.
- Click Upload.
- Choose the user assignments and deployment method, then click Deploy.
- Once the deployment is finalized, click Close.
Updating the manifest file
If you are using a custom manifest file and need to update it, you will need to download the latest version of the manifest and update the configuration. Once that is complete, to update the add-in please follow these steps:
- Go the Services & add-ins section of your Office 365 admin center.
- Click Zoom.
- Click Update add-in.
- Choose the location of the new manifest file.
- Click Update.