The meeting and webinar platforms offer similar features and functionality but have some key differences. Meetings are designed to be a collaborative event where all parties can share, whereas webinars are designed so that the host and designated panelists can share and view-only attendees can watch the presentation. Compare meeting and webinar features side by side.
If you have scheduled an event as a meeting that would be better suited as a webinar, you can convert the meeting to a webinar within the Zoom web portal. Attendees can still join with the same link. The meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar.
- Host user type must be Licensed and be assigned the Webinar add-on
- Scheduled meeting must use an automatically generated meeting ID; cannot be scheduled with PMI
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Meetings.
- Click the name of the meeting you would like to convert to a webinar.
- At the bottom of the page, click Convert this Meeting to a Webinar.
- Confirm that you want to convert this meeting to a webinar by clicking Convert.