The meeting and webinar platforms offer similar features and functionality but have some key differences. Meetings are designed to be a collaborative event where all parties can share, whereas webinars are designed so that the host and designated panelists can share and view-only attendees can watch the presentation. Compare meeting and webinar features side by side.
If you have scheduled an event as a meeting that would be better suited as a webinar, you can convert the meeting to a webinar within the Zoom web portal. The registration URL will remain the same and those who have already registered can still join with the same link as before. The meeting settings and registrants will also be transferred to the webinar.
- Host user type must be Licensed and be assigned the Webinar add-on
- Scheduled meeting must use an automatically generated meeting ID; cannot be scheduled with PMI
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Meetings.
- Click the name of the meeting you would like to convert to a webinar.
- At the bottom of the page, click Convert this Meeting to a Webinar.
- Confirm that you want to convert this meeting to a webinar by clicking Convert.