Note: Starting January 18, 2021, new accounts provisioned with Cloud Room Connector licenses will automatically have access to the new enhanced API Room Connector for SIP/H.323 devices. If you were provisioned a Cloud Room Connector (CRC) license, prior to January 18, 2021, please use our Room Management instructions for the standard API Room Connector.
Once a SIP/H.323 device has been provisioned as a managed room in Zoom, admins can manage the room settings including device information, meeting settings, call control, as well as other configuration settings.
This article covers:
- Accessing room settings
- Room Profile tab
- Meeting tab
- SIP/H.323 Integration tab
- Advanced tab
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role-based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- A provisioned SIP/H.323 room
Accessing room settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then click Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- Click the Rooms tab.
- Click Edit next to the room you want to edit.
Room Profile tab
Under the Room Profile tab, the basic Room settings and information can be found:
- Room Name- Custom room name for the device.
- Device Management:
- Enabled- The device will be managed by the API connector, and changes will be actively pushed by API Connector.
- Disabled- The device will remain operational, but provisioning and calendar synchronization will be suspended.
- Device Type- Device type selected when adding the room.
- Serial Number- The serial number of the device. This will be listed on the hardware itself.
- Device Firmware Version- Reported firmware version by the device.
- Hardware Version- Hardware version reported by the device.
- Device Username- Admin level user name, used for provisioning.
- Device Password- Admin level password, used for provisioning.
- IP Address- IP address of the device used for management.
- Time Zone- Time Zone the device is using. It can be set at the device level, or manually set to a time zone, which is provisioned by the API Connector.
- Alternative Time Server- Multiple time zones can be set, that override the default time server.
The Meeting tab allows the configuration of join meetings and in-meeting behavior, including encryption, DTMF and call rate options, shortcuts for joining 3rd party meetings, and adding calendar resources.
In the SIP/H.323 Integration tab, the SIP Call Control registration, as well as the H.323 Gatekeeper, can be configured.
General SIP Call Control Registration options
The options available under SIP Call Control Registration is dependent on the device being provisioned. If the setting is disabled, the endpoint will not use SIP protocols for calling. By default, however, the following options are available to all devices when enabled:
- Enabled, not registered- The SIP protocol has been enabled for the endpoint, but not registered directly to the Zoom interop provisioning backend. This setting is most commonly used and will be easy to set up first. In this mode, users will be required to set up calendars to enable one button to push join for meetings.
- Register to Zoom- Enables one button to push by setting up the device to register it’s SIP protocol directly to the Zoom interop backend.
- Not provisioned by Zoom- Allows the SIP line to not be touched by the API connector. It will preserve the original settings or any new settings that the endpoint requires to be used.
- Register to 3rd Party- Allows for the SIP line to be registered to an existing SIP provider which will preserve the device’s original SIP line settings. Commonly used in applications where the SIP protocol is used for PBX dialing. This will be SIP line 1 registered to the third party.
Additional SIP Call Control options for Polycom Trio
- Zoom Rooms- With this setting, the device is provisioned as a Zoom Rooms controller instead of a standalone SIP call device.
- Trio SIP Call Control USB Only- The device is in a mode where it’s only a USB Audio device.
- Dual Register, 3rd Party and Zoom- Allows for the configuration of SIP line 1 on the Trio to be registered to the SIP provider of choice and SIP line 2 to be registered to the Zoom interop servers. This allows for meeting ID dialing on the Zoom line for and to keep the mainline 1 SIP provider dialing that was previously available on the endpoint before provisioning the Trio with Zoom interop.
- Hybrid mode, register to 3rd Party and call on-demand to Zoom- This mode is almost the same as Dual Register mode except line 2 for Zoom is not registered. SIP line 1 on the Trio is still registered to the 3rd party service, and the SIP line 2 is set to not register and call on-demand to Zoom which means a dial string is built to call SIP TLS out to vip2.zoomcrc.com using the meeting ID that was dialed.
By default, H.323 is disabled for endpoints provisioned by the API connector. However, if SIP Call control must be disabled, the H.323 Gatekeeper has to be enabled.
- Enabled, not registered- The H.323 protocol is enabled on the endpoint for calling, but it is not registered to Zoom interop servers. The API connector provisions no H.323 gatekeeper settings.
- Not supported by device model- If this option appears it is an option that is not supported by the endpoint
- Not provisioned by Zoom- The API connector provisions the provided settings into the H.323 gatekeeper settings on the endpoint. This is commonly used for providing specific gatekeeper information, E164 addresses, etc. Enabling this field will enable additional fields.
Under the Advanced tab, a specific Room Connector can be configured, as well as enter any advanced provisioning parameters accepted by the device.