The Virtual Background feature allows you to display an image as your background during a meeting in a Zoom Room. This feature requires a green screen to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background.
This article covers:
- Windows: 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- A physical green screen
Note: For recommendations on the background image, see the Virtual Background support article for the desktop client and mobile app.
Enabling Virtual Background
To enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- Navigate to the Zoom Rooms page and click Account Settings.
- Toggle the Virtual Background with Greenscreen option.
- Click Upload Image to add more background choices to the default library.
Note: You can use location hierarchy if you only want to enable this feature for specific Zoom Rooms.
Enabling Virtual Background during a meeting
If you have already have Virtual Background enabled in the web portal, you can turn it on during a meeting.
- While in a a meeting, tap the settings gear icon on your Zoom Room controller.
- Tap Virtual Background, then tap the background you would like, then tap Done.