Using Virtual Background in Zoom Room
The Virtual Background feature allows you to display an image or video as your background during a meeting in a Zoom Room. This feature requires a green screen to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background.
This article covers:
- How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms
- How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms during a meeting
Prerequisites for using Virtual Background in a Zoom Room
- Windows: 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- A physical green screen
- Recommended setup and background image/video
How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms
To enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management, then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Account Profile tab.
- Under Setup, click the Virtual Background with Greenscreen toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
- Click Upload Background to add more background choices to the default library.
An Add Content pop-up window will appear.
- Click Choose Files to choose files to upload from your computer.
You can also drag and drop images or videos in the pop-up window.
- Click Add items.
Note: You can use location hierarchy if you only want to enable this feature for specific Zoom Rooms.
Enabling Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms during a meeting
If you already have Virtual Background enabled in the web portal, you can turn it on during a meeting.
- While in a meeting, tap the settings gear icon on your Zoom Room controller.
- Tap Virtual Background and then tap the background you would like.
You may have to enter the Zoom Room Passcode to make changes to this setting.
- (Optional) Tap Recalibrate to automatically adjust the virtual background.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.