Facebook Portal allows users to join Zoom meetings directly from their Portal device. This allows you to quickly and easily join Zoom meetings without having to set up dedicated hardware for Zoom, while still having access to other supported apps and features on the Portal. Additionally, the Facebook Portal is entirely controlled by the touchscreen, eliminating the need for a mouse or keyboard.
This article covers:
- Setup preparations
- Basic setup
- Managing other Settings
- Using Zoom for Home
- Zoom account
- Facebook Portal device
Note: Portal TV is not currently supported.
- Acquire a Facebook Portal device.
- Find or clear a space for your Facebook Portal.
- Sign up for a Zoom account if you have not done so already, or if you have not been provided one from your organization.
Note: No special license is required to use Zoom on Facebook Portal. Any Basic (free), Pro, Business, or Enterprise user is eligible.
- Follow included instructions on initial setup of your Facebook Portal device.
- Turn on your Facebook Portal and go to the Portal App Store.
- Search for the Zoom app and install.
- Choose one of the following methods to connect your Zoom account: Pairing Code or Sign-in
Pairing code with web browser
This option is recommended if your organization uses single sign-on (SSO). Take note of the pairing code that is displayed on the screen.
- Open a web browser on another device and go to www.zoom.us/pair.
- Enter the pairing code displayed on the Facebook Portal
- The device will prompt you to confirm your sign in attempt. Tap Yes, It's Me.
- If you are performing the setup on your own, the process will complete automatically. If a room has been provisioned for you by your organization, tap to select it.
Sign in with email
- Enter the email and password of your Zoom account and tap Sign in.
- If you are performing the setup on your own the process will complete automatically. If a room has been provisioned for you by your organization, tap to select it.
Setting a Screen Lock Passcode and Configuring Auto Lock
You can set a passcode to easily lock your device when you are away from your desk, or set your device to auto-lock in case you forget.
- Once you have completed the initial sign-in process, you should be prompted to set up a screen lock passcode.
- Tap Screen Lock to enter a code or Skip to bypass this step.
- If configuring a passcode, enter it and then re-enter it to confirm your choice.
You can set the device to automatically lock itself after a set amount of time of inactivity. Otherwise, you will have to manually lock the device from the home screen every time
- Tap the Settings option in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Auto Lock Screen After Inactivity and select a timeout threshold. If you choose Never, you will have to manually lock the device from the home screen every time.
To manually lock your device, bring up the Home screen on the Portal and tap the lock icon on the lower right hand corner of the home screen.
Managing other Settings
Once your Portal has been configured, you can adjust additional settings, such as background images and meeting reminders, from the Settings page under the Collaboration Devices tab. Find the device from the list and click Edit.
Using Zoom for Facebook Portal
To get the most out of your new Zoom-enabled device, please consult these articles:
- Calendar setup
- Personal Meeting ID
- Using the Whiteboard
- Cloud recording
- Meeting controls
- Provisioning Zoom for Home devices