The prompted update originally scheduled for October 18, 2020 has been deferred until further notice.
In the event of future prompted updates, if you do not want your users to receive a prompt to update, please ensure that you have done one of the following:
- Use Group Policy to disable checking for updates
- Set a registry key to disable checking for updates
- Deploy the latest client using MSI and the following install flags
Auto-update allows users to check for and install updates for the Zoom client. When auto-update is enabled, users in your organization are prompted with an “Update Available” banner to update their Zoom client when a newer prompted update is available. When auto-updated is disabled, users are not prompted to update their Zoom client. This option also enables/disables the users’ ability to check for updates.
If you would like to have auto-update disabled for your organization:
- If your organization has Zoom client version 5.1.x (or earlier) deployed, auto-update is disabled by default.
- If your organization has one of the following Zoom client versions deployed
5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.3.0, 5.3.1: Please disable auto-update through MSI reinstallation and configure the auto-update setting (by appending ZoomAutoUpdate="false" to your install choice), or update/confirm the registry value of “EnableClientAutoUpdate” through Group Policy. Moving forward, we will repackage and disable the auto-update option in upcoming MSI installers.