If you make a call using Zoom Phone, you can easily hand off the call to a Zoom Room. For example, if you're in a phone call using the Zoom mobile app, then walk into a Zoom Room set up as a phone booth, you can hand off the call to the Zoom Room to take advantage of a hands-free calling experience.
Note: If the Zoom Room has a meeting in progress while you're in a Zoom Phone call, you can invite the call to the meeting.
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS, 5.4.3 or higher
- Zoom Phone license assigned to the Zoom Room
- Direct sharing using ultrasonic proximity signal enabled
- Hand Off to Room policy setting enabled by your admin
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- Make or receive a phone call using Zoom Phone.
- When you're in a Zoom Room, tap More using the in-call controls, then tap Hand off to Room.
Zoom will attempt to detect the room using direct sharing.
If Zoom can't detect the room, you will be prompted to enter the room's sharing key, which is usually found in the top-right corner of the room display.
- Tap Hand off to This Room to complete the hand off.
The phone call will end in the mobile app and move to the Zoom Room. Use the room controller to access in-call controls.
Note: If the Zoom Room is currently in a meeting when you hand off the phone, the room controller will prompt you with these options.
- Decline: Decline the hand off. The room will remain in the meeting. The phone call will continue in the mobile app.
- Hold meeting audio & Accept: Place the meeting audio on hold and accept the hand off.
- To switch to the meeting audio, tap Back to Meeting in the top-left corner of the room controller.
- To switch to the phone call, tap the phone icon in the top-right corner of the room controller.