Client-based calendar integration
You can set up client-side calendar integration so that your Zoom meetings and webinars on your Outlook client are synced with your Windows Zoom desktop client. This mode of calendar integration involves using MAPI framework, which unlike other calendar sync methods relies on Zoom client directly communicating with Outlook client without a need to pass through server connections. This is particularly useful if your organization utilizes on-premise exchange environments, where customers may not be able to provide Zoom access to calendar data from the Exchange server directly.
- If there is a large presence of mobile or mac devices in your organization, we do not recommend using MAPI for calendar integration, as currently, MAPI does not support these platforms.
- When using this MAPI-based integration, only your calendar events are synced, while contacts are not. To sync both, please use the non-MAPI based method.
- Zoom desktop client for Windows 5.5.0 (12454.0131) or later
- Calendar and contact integration enabled by your admin
Enable MAPI for calendar integration from account settings
- As an admin or owner, sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- n the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- In the Meeting tab, scroll down to the Calendar and Contacts section.
- Enable Calendar and contacts integration.
- Select Exchange.
- Enable Use MAPI to integrate with Zoom desktop client (for Windows only).
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click the lock icon to force users on the account to only use MAPI for calendar integration.
Note: If this setting is locked, this will automatically be configured for all users on the account, and only Windows users will be able to use calendar integration. If this setting is left unlocked, macOS users will be able to use O365 or Google authentication for calendar integration.
Authenticating using MAPI calendar integration
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Profile.
- In the Calendar and Contact Integration section, click Connect to Calendar and Contact Service.
Note: If the setting has been locked by an account admin, instead of having the option to connect the service, the following message will be displayed: “The calendar is automatically integrated for your Zoom Windows application”.
- Select Exchange.
- Click Done.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.