This article covers:
- Benefits of converting an existing Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
- Things to remember when converting a Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
- Converting an existing Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
- Registrants join experience for OnZoom events converted from a Zoom meeting/webinar
- Unlinking an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.3.0 (52651.0920) or higher
- macOS: 5.3.0 (52651.0920) or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
Benefits of converting an existing Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
Converting your existing scheduled Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event enables you to take full advantage of OnZoom's features and functionalities to:
- Monetize the event by:
- Generating free tickets, paid tickets, and tickets restricted to users on a guest list
- Making tickets available for purchase for one-time events, series events, or drop-in events
- Utilize the OnZoom Directory to reach new audiences that go beyond a geographical business location
- Drive registration by using enhanced branding visuals, and optional embedded fundraising functionality from an OnZoom registration page
- View and manage your OnZoom registrations to keep track of ticket sales from within the OnZoom Host Dashboard, in addition to managing refunds
- Safeguard your events with OnZoom's unique and secure process for guests to join events
Things to remember when converting a Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
You cannot convert a Zoom meeting that uses your PMI to an OnZoom event - only a Zoom meeting created with a Meeting ID that was automatically generated by Zoom can be converted into an OnZoom event.
You can convert a series of recurring meetings, but only if the original recurrence schedule was never altered.
Once published, the OnZoom event's settings will override the original settings (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) for the selected Meeting ID. The event cannot be edited from outside of OnZoom.
Note: Please ensure that these participants are aware of this extra step, and should join the event 5 minutes earlier than the start time to sign in to OnZoom.
Converting your Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event will not allow users to join the event by telephone, even if it was enabled for the Zoom meeting. Users can join OnZoom event audio by using their computer audio only.
Note: OnZoom is only open to U.S. users at this time.
Converting an existing Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
Note: You have to reserve ticket capacity for registrants from outside of OnZoom. If no capacity is set, only the users who registered from within OnZoom will be able to join your event.
- Sign in to OnZoom.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on Create.
- Under Basic Info, click on Convert an Existing Zoom Meeting to an OnZoom Event.
- In the pop-up window, read the disclaimer and click on Agree and Continue.
- Enter the Meeting ID of the Zoom meeting that you want to convert to an OnZoom event, then click on Save.
Note: All of the settings for the specified Meeting ID (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) will be used for this event. OnZoom event names are limited to 75 characters.
- Complete the remaining sections of the Event Card, then click Save & Continue.
- Complete the Event Profile section, then click Save & Continue.
- In the Tickets section, enter a quantity for Meeting Participant Ticket, then click Save.
Note: These tickets are for Guests who join this event from outside of OnZoom. All Guests will be asked to login to OnZoom to join the event. If the number of external registrants exceeds the allotted ticket quantity you originally set, then not all of the external registrants will be able to join if everyone that registered attends.
- Click Publish to publish the event to the event page, or click Save to save the event as a draft.
Registrants join experience for OnZoom events converted from a Zoom meeting/webinar
When you convert a Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event, any registrants that were imported at the time of conversion, or registrants using the original meeting/webinar join link, should expect the following experience when joining your converted OnZoom event:
- Using the newly issued OnZoom join link will result in the user having their new OnZoom ticket accessible from their OnZoom ticket dashboard
Registrants imported to your newly converted OnZoom event
If the Zoom meeting/webinar had the Required option under Registration enabled before the meeting/webinar was converted to an OnZoom event, all of the previously registered users will automatically be added to the OnZoom event’s Meeting Participant Ticket or Webinar Participant Ticket.
As the Host, you will need to designate how many tickets should be allocated for these Attendees who originate from outside of OnZoom. Additionally, after you have successfully converted your Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event, you should communicate with your audience about the change, and the added benefits for them for using OnZoom, such as a ticket wallet that provides easy access to all of their OnZoom tickets.
Registrants using the original Zoom meeting/webinar join link for a converted OnZoom event
Note: All users should be reminded to update their Zoom client to the latest version for the fastest joining experience. Also, if they registered prior to the Zoom meeting/webinar being converted to an OnZoom event, they should sign in using the email they originally registered with.
Unlinking an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
You can only unlink an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event if the event has not yet been published.
- Sign in to OnZoom.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on Manage.
- Click on Drafts
- To the right of the event you want to edit, click on Edit.
- To the right of the green box Linked Zoom Meeting ID box, click on Unlink from the Linked Zoom Meeting ID [Number].
Note: Once the Zoom Meeting has been unlinked from the OnZoom event, the ticket type ”Meeting Participant Ticket” will be removed.