Using Zoom on Google Nest Hub Max
Zoom for Home is now supported on Google Nest Hub Max devices. Starting a meeting is as easy as saying “Ok Google, join a meeting.” This functionality can be used by any Zoom user, and does not require any additional licensing.
This article covers:
- Google Nest Hub Max device
Note: This device must be setup in the US, UK, AU or CA, with English as the chosen language
- Zoom account (optional)
How to set up
- Download the Google Home App on your mobile device:
- Link your accounts in Google Home App:
- Log into the app with your desired Google account.
- Tap to Select your Avatar. Tap Assistant Settings, then Voice and video calls, then Voice & Video Apps. Tap Zoom then create or link account.
- Power up your Nest Hub Max.
- Follow the Nest Hub Max on-screen prompts and pair the device to your account using the Google Home App.
- (Required) Enable Personal Results:
- Open the Google Home App and select your Nest Hub Max device.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right for Settings.
- From the Settings page, tap Recognition & sharing.
- From the Recognition & sharing page tap Recognition & personalization.
- From the Recognition & personalization page enable the Allow personal results toggle.
How to join meetings
Use voice commands or the Nest Hub Max interface to join a meeting.
Note: The calendar that appears on the Nest Hub Max is the one tied to the Google account that was linked to your Nest Hub Max, rather ht the one tied to the Zoom account that was linked.
To join a Zoom meeting via the interface:
- Swipe from the right of the home screen until you reach the Communicate screen.
- Tap Start a Zoom Meeting and then choose one of the options.
To join a Zoom meeting using verbal commands:
- Say "Ok Google, join my next Meeting".
- This will join the next zoom meeting on your calendar
- Alternatively, say "Ok Google, join a meeting".
- This will prompt you to select which service to start. Select Zoom.
Closing the Zoom App:
- If you choose to join a meeting but change your mind before joining, swipe from the right to close the join screen.
- If you join a meeting and enter a waiting room, the meeting host will need to let you in. If you wait and this does not happen, say "Hey Google, exit Zoom" to leave.
Google Assistant app
If you have the Google Assistant app, it will gather the meeting information of Zoom Meetings you start. You can ask the app to send this information to others if you want to invite them to join.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.