Managing a Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist
To reduce direct contact, a virtual receptionist can be placed at any entrance or service area within or around the office. The physical distance between people provides a safer environment for everyone involved with the added benefit of a video experience. Ideally, a staff member can join a call and say hello to visitors before face to face contact takes place.
This article covers:
- How to add a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to edit a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to troubleshoot issues with the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
Prerequisites for using a Virtual Receptionist
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms for Touch for Windows version 5.5.0 (2400.0131) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Touch for Appliances version 5.5.0 (926) or higher
How to add a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management and then click Add Room.
- Select Kiosk as the Room Type and then select the Location. Calendar Integration is not available for Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist, so this option will be empty.
- Click Finish to be returned to the Zoom Rooms list.
How to edit a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Click on Room Management and then click Edit next to the room you would like to modify.
- Each room element listed below can be edited:
- Company Logo
- Welcome Title Text
- Welcome Subtitle Text
- Action Button
- Background (un-highlighted)
- To edit the Action Button, click on the button to see the following menu options:
- Add Call Recipients
The added users will be called when the action button is pressed and are selected from the first available on the call list. Up to four users within the account can be added to this field. The field will attempt to autocomplete as the user name is entered.
- Button Name
Enter the text that will be seen by the visitor. For example: "Check In"
- Button Style
Select the primary and secondary colors for the button by clicking the color box or entering the color code (for example: #0E72ED).
This section displays a dynamic preview of the button.
- Add Call Recipients
- Click Continue to save the changes to the Action Button.
- Click Save to finish editing the Kiosk.
How to troubleshoot issues with the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Font mismatching: Some fonts have not yet been updated, so the interface on the device may not exactly match the text styling of the web interface.
- Opacity mismatching: If an updated style is missing, the device will use a default style which has a lower opacity.
- Default Background: the default background may be briefly shown after ending a call before the custom background is displayed.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.