Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join allows users to join Microsoft Teams meetings from Zoom Rooms without the need for any additional infrastructure or licensing. Connecting to Microsoft Teams meetings previously was complex and required third-party services.
Note: This feature is currently in public preview.
This article covers:
- How to enable or disable Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms
- How to join a Zoom meeting
Prerequisites for Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms for Windows version 5.1.2 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 5.1.2 or higher
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.1.2 or higher
- Calendar integration with Google, Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013 or later, or Office 365
How to enable or disable Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms
To enable or disable Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under Zoom Rooms, click the Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms
toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
- Select the Support Microsoft Teams web client meeting on Zoom Rooms check box to enable Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join.
Note: This feature is only available with Zoom Rooms version 5.5.0 or higher. Android Zoom Rooms is not supported, and it's not supported if you are using network audio device.
How to join a Zoom meeting
- Invite a Zoom Room to a Microsoft Teams meeting by forwarding the calendar invitation.
Once the Zoom Room receives the meeting invite, a Join Meeting option will be displayed on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Click Join Meeting on the controller.
You will see the following in-meeting controls: Mute Microphone, Start/Stop Video, Volume, and Leave meeting.
Note: Sharing User Content requires access to the Microsoft Teams client. No wireless sharing is supported through the Zoom Room while in a Microsoft Teams call through Direct Guest Join.
If you cannot see the Join Meeting option on the Zoom Rooms controller and are using Office 365 for your Zoom Rooms calendar integration, ensure that the "deletecomments" option is set to "False" in your Office 365 settings.
Users leveraging link filtering services that don't present the original URL to the room resource mailbox will not be able to leverage Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join. The original link is required for a join button to appear in Zoom Rooms.