Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join allows users to join Microsoft Teams meetings from Zoom Rooms without the need for any additional infrastructure or licensing. Connecting to Microsoft Teams meetings previously was complex and required 3rd party services.
This article covers:
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms for Windows version 5.5.0 (2400.0131) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 5.5.0 (3353.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.1.2 or higher
Enabling Direct Guest Join
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Room Management.
- Click Account Settings, then click Meeting.
- Enable Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms.
- Enable Support Microsoft Teams web client meeting on Zoom Rooms.
Joining a meeting
- Invite a Zoom Room to a Microsoft Teams meeting.
- Once the Zoom Room receives the meeting invite, a Join Meeting option will be displayed on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Click Join Meeting on the controller. You will see the following in-meeting controls: Mute Microphone, Start/Stop Video, Volume, and Leave meeting.
- Sharing User Content requires access to the Microsoft Teams Client.
If you are unable to see the Join Meeting option on the Zoom Rooms controller, and are using Office 365 for your Zoom Rooms calendar integration, make sure that the "deletecomments" option is set to "True" in your Office 365 settings.