Using the VDI log tool
Troubleshoot issues by using the VDI log tool to collect information from your VDI environment. The tool can be obtained by downloading the latest version of VDI and opening the installation folder.
Note: The application is commonly referred to as the "VDI Log Tool," but the actual name of the application is ZoomVDITool.exe.
Prerequisites for using the VDI log tool
- Zoom VDI setup on a Windows Virtual Desktop, VMware, or Citrix environment
- Zoom VDI version 5.5.0 or higher to enable logging from the tool interface
How to use the VDI log tool
- Download the latest version of VDI.
- After downloading VDI, open the installation folder and find ZoomVDITool.exe.
- Run it on the Zoom VDI client.
Note: It cannot be run on thin client plugins.
Once the tool is open, you will see the following sections:
- Save Location
Click Change to choose where you would like the collected logs to be saved. You can select local folders or shared folders on your network. If there is a problem copying the logs to the location you selected, an error message will appear next to the State section of the interface.
- Enable Log
Select the box next to Log is enabled to start collecting logs.
- Number of Log Files
This lists the total number of files with the .log extension saved by your VDI client.
- Total Size of All Logs
Combined size of all .log files saved by your VDI client.
This displays the status of the Collect Logs or Clear Logs operation.
- Save Location
- Click Collect Logs to gather data from the VDI client and connected thin client plugins.
- Click Clear Logs to remove .log files and crash dump data collected by the VDI client and thin client plugins.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.