Using Enhanced API Connectors in High Availability
When deploying a Zoom API Connector for SIP/H.323 devices, multiple Connectors can be deployed not just for zone management, but also in High Availability setups. Once deployed in High Availability mode, the secondary Zoom Room API Connector will run in tandem with the primary Zoom Room API Connector.
Prerequisites for deploying in High Availability
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- A supported SIP or H.323 device
- A deployed API Connector
- A Windows PC, Server, or Virtual Machine (for installing and running the Zoom API Connector software locally
- 2 core processor
- 8 GB of Ram
- 20 GB of storage
Note: The above device requirements, support up to 200 endpoints
How to set up a second Zoom API Connector for High Availability
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then click Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- Click the API Connectors tab.
- Click Install next to the API Connector you want to run in High Availability mode
- Run the installer.
- At the Customize this installation window, enter the following information:
- Connector ID: Copy the Connector ID from the API Connector page, and paste it into the Connector ID field in the installer.
- Private Key: Click the private key field on the API Connector page to copy it. Paste it into the Private Key field of the installer.
- Complete the installation wizard.
Once the Zoom API Connector has been installed, click on the name of the API Connector to confirm that the second host is listed:
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.