Setting up the Desktop Power User experience (Power Pack)
Desktop Power User experience is targeted at users who handle lots of calls and who need to transfer calls quickly; for example, receptionists, executive assistants, and help desk agents. The new experience enables an always-on-top panel with customizable widgets to easily view the phone user's call queues, shared line appearance (call delegation), and shared line groups. Phone users can also quickly access to dialer, history and voicemail. Phone users also get an enhanced Contacts window on the Zoom desktop client optimized for quickly finding their contacts and transferring calls with fewest clicks. See the user guide for Desktop Power User experience for more information on these features.
Note: Users must have the Zoom Phone Power Pack add-on to enable this feature.
This article covers:
- Account or admin privileges
To enable the Desktop Power User experience for phone users, they must have the following:
- Zoom Phone license (any license that includes Zoom Phone Pro features)
- Zoom Phone Power Pack add-on
Preparing for setup
Desktop Power User panel can be configured to make call queues, shared line appearance (call delegation), and shared line groups appear as widgets. To take full advantage of the Desktop Power User experience, see the following articles to set these up and assign phone users as members:
Enabling and setting up Desktop Power User experience
Zoom Phone admins must enable the Desktop Power User on a per user basis. Once a user has Desktop Power User enabled, that user or administrator can customize the widgets.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
- Click the name of the phone user.
- Click the User Settings tab.
- In the Desktop Power User section, make sure the toggle is enabled, then click View or Edit.
- In the Desktop Power User window, click Set Widget for one of the positions, then select one of the following in the drop-down menu:
- Select the associated extension in the extension drop-down menu.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 as needed.
- Drag and drop a row, or use the arrow buttons to move each row up or down in the order.
- Click Save.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.