Deploying the legacy API Connector in High Availability
When deploying a Zoom API Connector for SIP/H.323 devices, multiple Connectors can be deployed not just for zone management, but also in High Availability setups. Once deployed in High Availability mode, the secondary Zoom API Connector will run in standby mode in tandem with the primary Zoom Room API Connector. If the primary Zoom API Connector becomes unavailable, the standby will switch to Active mode.
Prerequisites for deploying the legacy API Connector in High Availability
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role-based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- A supported SIP or H.323 device
- A deployed API Connector
- See the following links for more information about Zoom API Connector requirements
- A Windows PC, Server, or Virtual Machine (for installing and running the Zoom API Connector software locally)
- 2 core processor
- 20 GB of storage
Note: The above device requirements, support up to 200 endpoints
How to deploy the legacy API Connector in High Availability
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then click Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- Click the API Connectors tab.
- Next to the API Connector you want to run in High Availability mode, click Install.
- If the ZoomAPIConnector.msi file was downloaded using a different computer than the one you are installing on, move the file to the installation computer.
- Double-click ZoomAPIConnector.msi to open the wizard and begin the installation process.
- Use the wizard pages to accept the license agreement and specify an installation location, then click Next.
- In the Customize this installation page of the wizard, enter the Connector ID.
This is the value that was automatically generated in the procedure to associate the Zoom Connector to the network.
- Click Next, then click Install to install the Zoom API Connector software.
- After the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the wizard.
- Once deployed the second host will be listed when clicking on the Status of the API Connector.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.