Zoom Phone Appliances offer all the capabilities of Zoom Rooms and Zoom Phone in an easy, compact desk phone experience. From the Zoom Phone Appliance interface, the user can join/start/control Zoom Meetings, search contacts, call/transfer/conference calls, access multiple lines, access voicemails and create a meeting from a Zoom Phone call.
This article covers:
- Signing in to Zoom Phone appliances
- Device Management for Zoom Phone Appliances
- Phone Appliance settings
- Supported Zoom Phone Appliance
- Zoom Phone license
- Optional: calendar/contact integrations at the account and user level
Signing in to Zoom Phone appliances
Sign in with Email
Tap Sign In then Sign in with email.
Note: Signing in with email does not work if the account has SSO enabled.
Sign in with Pairing Code
- Tap Sign In and take note of the the displayed pairing code.
- Open a browser and navigate to https://zoom.us/pair then Login with your Zoom account.
- Enter the pairing code, then select or create the room.
- Click Done.
The Zoom Phone appliance will confirm the account used for sign in.
- Click Yes, It’s Me to complete sign in.
Device Management for Zoom Phone Appliances
Zoom Phone appliances may be enrolled in Zoom Device Management (ZDM) for managing application and platform OS upgrades.
See the Zoom Phone Appliances admin guide for more information.
Zoom Phone Appliance settings
Users can change meeting and phone settings for their Zoom Phone Appliances. See the Zoom Phone Appliances user guide for more information.
The following issues will be resolved in a future release:
- Voicemail transcription is not currently accessible.
- Bluetooth contact integration from mobile to Zoom Phone appliances not supported.
- Monitored Lines are not supported.
- SMS from Zoom Phone appliances is not supported.
- During a live call, under More options, tapping Minimize will reduce the screen size of the Zoom app. To re-access the Zoom App, swipe down from the top of the screen.